The journey all began back in 1935 when the Mann family decided to go into the automotive business. They represented such fine cars as the Packard, Studebaker and MG.
In 1957 the Mann's were awarded the Mercedes-Benz franchise, trading under the name of Lancaster County Motors, Inc., with the first dealership location on North Prince Street in Lancaster. We are very proud to be the oldest Mercedes Benz dealer in the state of Pennsylvania. In November of 1972, they were awarded the Subaru franchise and began a venture which is now going thirty-five years strong and has become the largest Subaru Dealership in Central PA with award winning service and parts operations.
In 1980, Lancaster County Motors, Inc., moved to its current location on the Manheim Pike in East Petersburg where they conducted business as a Mercedes Benz and Subaru dealership. As Lancaster County Motors, Inc., grew, there became a need to expand the business, so in 2001 we built a stand alone facility for Mercedes Benz of Lancaster with the state of the art features. Most recently, Mercedes Benz of Lancaster was named "Best of the Best" and received an award honoring top dealers in CSI, sales increase, facilities, and much more.
With Mercedes Benz moving out of the former facility, Subaru underwent major changes as well. We became a Signature Subaru facility in January 2003 and achieved the "Stellar Performer" award. This was an extensive program that explains the procedures that were developed in each department throughout the dealership. Goals were established for attaining customer expectation and satisfaction by raising the bar set by our industry for client retention and communication.
In 1993, Lancaster County Motors, Inc., added Mitsubishi to the family of dealerships and purchased the showroom facility adjacent to the Subaru dealership. Prior to our purchasing this franchise, it had changed hands three times. We have been very successful with this manufacturer and products are getting better each year. This dealership is doing business as Lancaster Mitsubishi.
In 1998, we entered into the domestic car market by acquiring the Quarryville Chrysler Plymouth Dodge dealership. The name was later changed to Providence Chrysler Dodge Jeep LLC, we then dropped Plymouth and added the Jeep franchise and moved to our new beautiful facility located on Rt. 272 south of Willow Street. On January 2003, we added yet another domestic car and truck line to the family by acquiring Wenger Pontiac GMC in Quarryville. That dealership is now known as Providence Pontiac GMC LLC and is doing business in our newly built dealership next to the Providence Chrysler Dodge Jeep facility both known as "Providence Auto Mall."
On September 1, 2005, we added two of the fastest growing and most popular car makes, Lancaster Hyundai and Lancaster Kia, to our line-up of dealerships, making Lancaster County Motors, Inc., the largest family of dealerships in Lancaster County.
Although we have grown over the years to meet the needs of our customers we still retain the same basic principles that began in 1935. Thank you for considering Lancaster County Motors for your automotive needs. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.